Fitness and Kettlebells for Women

... try the kettlebell and you'll never be the same, I promise ...

Saturday, August 19, 2006

today's ladder workout

I had a great workout today! I have mentioned Sarah Lurie's videos before. I have been doing them for at least a few months now. It helped get me back on track after designing workouts myself and slacking a little bit.

Today I did something a little different, and it was a nice break. Pavel describes this as a good light or medium workout. I would say it was a medium workout for me. Not easy by any stretch of the imagination! My knees are going to be aching tomorrow.

Here was my workout:

1. Clean + Military Press + Front Squat Combo
x 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 reps per arm

2. Snatch
x 5, 10, 15 reps per arm

3. Hand-to-Hand Swing
x 10, 20, 30 reps total

4. Turkish Get-up + Windmill Combo
x 1, 2, 1, 2


This is called a ladder workout and is a nice change from what I usually do. I plan to do it more often. This particular workout was designed by Senior RKC instructor Andrea Du Cane.

I managed the first set of exercises without rest. I did rest during the Snatches, of course. And Swings are not difficult to do, but I was pretty tired by then. Give it a try!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a really good workout. Have you done it again since the 1st time?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home