Fitness and Kettlebells for Women

... try the kettlebell and you'll never be the same, I promise ...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

my first post!

Well, hi there! My very first post on my new blog. How exciting!

Let's get the introductions out of the way. I'm Rachel, and I'm a stay-at-home-mom to my beautiful daughter, Grace. In the last year, I've discovered a new hobby and a new passion... helping moms (including myself, of course) to get fit! Our lives are unique from others in that we have so much to do in a day, including taking care of everyone else. After Grace was born, I realized that I need to make time to take care of myself. That's not so easy to do. So, on this website in the near future, I hope you'll find tools and ideas to make your life a bit easier and maybe even a story or two to give you a laugh during your busy day.

I have never been an exercising type. In fact, I don't enjoy it at all! But I'm starting to. I didn't play sports in high school, and I have never been the physical type. I have never been heavy, and I suppose that is one reason I didn't feel much need to workout. After Grace was born, however, I got my cholesterol taken, knowing that high cholesterol runs in my family. Well, it was high! I was also starting to get disgusted with myself because I would sit around and actually be saying out loud "hmmm... I really should workout." Well, I'm a big time goal oriented person. Why in the world wasn't I doing something about it? For two years I watched my husband workout with kettlebells, and then one day I finally told him I wanted to get one. I just decided to make this change in my life so that I could be fit and healthy for him, to set an example for my daughter, and to feel really good about myself.

In the last year, I've lost all of my pregnancy weight and then some. I have lost body fat. And I've gained muscle and shifted things around. In fact, after I started losing weight, I still heard many times "gosh, you're losing a lot of pounds." That wasn't true. I only lost maybe 12 pounds total... I didn't have far to go. But the workouts I was doing were giving me great results and making me look like I weighed less than I did. I didn't even have to diet, thank goodness! If the choice for me is between eating some sweets / desserts (in moderation of course) and exercising regularly, or dieting, then I choose eating and working out. LOL. Anyway, I'll tell you more about what is working for me. In the meantime, as this site is just starting out, you can always click here to find out what this kettlebell stuff is about.Keep checking back! I'm working hard and hope to have a great site here for ya to continue coming back to. Your comments are always welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home